Articles of Interest
- Via Raph, a lovely game (to be shared with all skeptical friends and family) that attempts to explain how video games teach.
- Remarkable account of creative hiring practices employed by Mark Kern, founder of Red 5 (previously interviewed by me here.)
- Mixed news on the PS3 launch in UK, Australia, and France. Apparently, the French launch was a disaster, but the UK launch was solid. (PSP is apparently doing well in the UK as well.)
- Article about building user communities. Some of it will seem very obvious to you, but there are a couple of interesting ideas sprinkled in there.
- EA starts a music label. Yet another example of the increasing cultural and business impact of games (and of EAs inevitable progression to massive media conglomerate…)
- Very funny comic about Viva Piñata. :-)
- Great article about Webkinz and Club Penguin. One thing I didn’t realize — Webkins limits the amount of time kids can play games, apparently to great effect. I guess busy adults aren’t the only people you can attract by avoiding typical timesink game designs…
This entry was posted in Articles of Interest
. Bookmark the permalink